Friday, May 25, 2012

My weekend in Bendigo

A couple of weekends ago, I spent a fabulous weekend away in Bendigo with a couple of my closest and very stylish friends, Anthea and Jussy. As mentioned in my previous post, life has been a little hectic of late, rushing around, trying to do too many things; it was good to get away. On route to Bendigo, we stopped for some lunch in Kyneton and perked ourselves at the bar of Annie Smithers, you need to book well in advance if you want a table. The produce is local, organic and most delicious.


Out the back of Annie Smithers, veg patch
 The best wagu burger ever!
 Loved this cotton shade
 Blending in with the locals
When in the country...
 Bendigo is a very pretty town with beautiful scenery and old buildings...and shoes on pavements
We visited the Grace Kelly exhibition at Bendigo Art Gallery, unfortunately I couldn't take any pics inside but can report it was all kinds of fabulous. The exhibit showcases the finery and dresses throughout the starlets life, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent oh my!
 I loved this cookoo clock which was part of another exhib at the gallery
Loved this artwork by DEL KATHRYN BARTON

At night, we fine dined at Whirrakee Restaurant and sunk many drinkies, gabbed and laughed; twas so much fun. I wore my red glitter Dorothy heels, pencil skirt and fishnets, you could say we didn't quite blend in with the local fashions. I stumbled just a little onto the road on route to look for a passing cab and before I could get off the road, a voice of a local hanging out of a Holden Commodore shouted, "Get off the road you fu@king sl*t!", well, this sent me and my friends into fits of laughter, that's what the last photo was all about. Girls weekends away are the best, can't wait to do another soon ladies and yes the shoes will be coming but of course 'There's no place like home'.
Have a great weekend dear readers, wherever you may be.

Sleekit x


2 comments:

  1. Sluts, I mean Girls, weekends away are the best! Looks like you ladies had a grand time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a stylish trio! Looks like some quality girlie-time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to leave a comment for sleekit x

Related Posts with Thumbnails Bookmark and Share